Kobe beef?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting read.

I don't recall ever eating anything advertised as "Kobe" beef, but will keep my eyes peeled for it on menus in the U.S. from now on.

Shady!

Marbling is good(provided the cow has tasty fats in it) and all, but I usually prefer more elderly tasting beef.

Wagyu is overpriced beyond reason anyways. The Central Market by my house has Wagyu NY Strip for $45/lb.

Huh. In 2002 I ate some "Kobe Beef" that my chef had brought back from Japan, along with various other exotic and high priced delicacies, so us line jockeys could grow a little bit. Was he faking me?! That bastard was a notorious drunk!

Although I agree with him, I have a personal aversion to rich white guys pontificating about food. Makes me want to go...........................Besserk! (Billy Jack quote for you yong'ens.)

lol @ salty :)

great article. Ive just sent it to a lot of rich white guys in Norway :p

I thought that's all there was in Norway? (And pretty blonde girls.)

Although I agree with him, I have a personal aversion to rich white guys pontificating about food. Makes me want to go...........................Besserk! (Billy Jack quote for you yong'ens.)

+1

It was a good and informative article (all of them), but definitely had a sensationalistic aire to it to make it controversional & shocking, therefore marketable.

Back