Turning blank collection

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream Burls

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you wood vendors or knife makers out there, or anyone else for that matter, have saved any turning block pieces that have come through your hands as a collection and if you do, would you share images of them with us.

Can't believe that no one out there has a turning blank collection with so many beautiful pieces of wood out there. Guess I'll have to start my own and if I can ever figure out how to attach pictures to posts I'll show them.

I have a few hundred of them. But most of them still are as they came back from stabilizing (i.e. covered in resin) or rough sawn and not yet stabilized. To show them here I would have to sand them and put on lacquer just so you could see what the final piece might look like - and, to be honest, I don't have the time for that. If I ever get around to it, I'll be happy to show a few select pieces, but there are other things higher on my priority list. Sorry, just being honest...

Stefan

No problem. I understand that there are more important things like earning a living. Just thought there might be some really unbelievable turning blanks that would amaze forum members.

Back