Quantcast
Vaseline on cutting boards - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vaseline on cutting boards

Thanks for the suggestions, guys, but impossible so far to find the products here in Seoul. (Mineral oil is usually sold as a laxative, right? and in the land of kimchi and a thousand other vegetable dishes, I guess there isn't really a need nor a market for laxatives.)

Decided to bite the bullet and order oil, beeswax and oil/wax combo from Amazon.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    ya your gonna find some a week after it arrives.
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    ya your gonna find some a week after it arrives.
    No doubt - and you're probably jinxing me!

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    not meaning to, but that usually happens to me when I look that hard.
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    not meaning to, but that usually happens to me when I look that hard.
    Of course! One of the laws of nature. ... In fact, that's why I went ahead and ordered the stuff. No, I don't thind I can cancel the order when I inevitably find stuff here tomorrow. But this way I'll have double what I needed and know where to get more in the future.

I can't find it in Singapore. I've tried all the pedestrian channels... I've decided I'd save time and money just ordering some and paying shipping rather than running around like a madman asking for mineral oil laxatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    I can't find it in Singapore. I've tried all the pedestrian channels... I've decided I'd save time and money just ordering some and paying shipping rather than running around like a madman asking for mineral oil laxatives.
    Hehehe.... Yes, there you go. It's in places like the US where you find mineral oil everywhere - and where people frequently require laxatives, apparently.

Oil: ordered half a litre through Amazon. Cost: about $4. Shipping: Lord knows.......

much more awesomer
    If I checked luggage, I'd lug some to both you and Tristan next week (stopping in Singapore on the way from Brisbane to Narita and Incheon). But I do carry-on only. Sorry. Unless 100 ml would suffice...
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    If I checked luggage, I'd lug some to both you and Tristan next week (stopping in Singapore on the way from Brisbane to Narita and Incheon). But I do carry-on only. Sorry. Unless 100 ml would suffice...
    Ah, shucks! Thanks. I've ordered, as said, and so you should reserve your valuable carry on allotment for such things as duty-free booze.