Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Stone

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    here is the pic.
    Chewie's the man.

Ah... I thought that was you. And I'd only pick maybe 2 of the leahs now that it is blown up... although you can't argue with quantity. And also you may not want to pass up women willing to dress up in public in gold bikinis and chains.

What's with the blue Leah?
    I received my first Carter today and have stones upto 16k so will be watching this thread to see what finisher is reccommended.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    She is a twi'lek. A race in the Star Wars Universe. Others here would know more than that here.
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    And I'd only pick maybe 2 of the leahs now that it is blown up...
    Have a couple more beers.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Limited View Post
    Jon will be getting in a splash 'n go 6k stone sometime early this month. I've been keeping tabs on this because I want a fine grit stone for touch ups and I don't want to mess with soakers.
    Jons 5k splash and go leaves a pretty good finish, almost mirror, imo more than 5k, it is what i use for that same purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    Jons 5k splash and go leaves a pretty good finish, almost mirror, imo more than 5k, it is what i use for that same purpose.
    +1. Actually, it rarely comes out of my line-up. The only knock against it is it's fairly slow, esp without soaking.

I'd only pick maybe 2 of the leahs now that it is blown up... although you can't argue with quantity. And also you may not want to pass up women willing to dress up in public in gold bikinis and chains.
    Anyone notice the one on the far right? She's got a space-age kitchen knife. Must be! Looks like a kind of deba on a stick, maybe ebony or burnt chestnut. Not a stretch to imagine this group as future forum members, is it? Think of all the 'Welcome!' messages they'd get posting their intros in the 'New Member Check-In.' Could even cure some knife addiction for a while.
    Last edited by Cutty Sharp; 07-03-2012 at 04:49 AM. Reason: man - spelling!

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Sharp View Post
    Anyone notice the one on the far right? She's got a space-age kitchen knife. Must be! Looks like a kind of deba on a stick, maybe ebony or burnt chestnut. Not a stretch to imagine this group as future forum members, is it? Think of all the 'Welcome!' messages they'd get posting their intros in the 'New Member Check-In.' Could even cure some knife addiction for a while.
    Are you done Cutty? Caught your breath and all?

"This man needeth not more beer."

Are you done Cutty? Caught your breath and all?
    "This man needeth not more beer."

No, can't stop. For a moment I was thinking of Princess Leahs. Then my thought process inevitably returned to knives.