• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Broadwell 240 mm Damascus San Mai

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalaeb

Banned
Reaction score
I am selling a David Broadwell San Mai gyuto. Great knife, but has become a drawer queen, only lightly used. Fit and finish is flawless, AEB-L core with stainless damascus cladding. Spalted maple handle. The knife is sold with a quilted maple saya. The saya was not done by David.

This is not a "need" to sell so the price is $950.00 firm. This is for US only. If I can't track it the whole way, it is not getting shipped there.

Thanks for looking.

Matt

IMG_1935.jpg

IMG_1936.jpg

IMG_1939.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

Wow I wish I had a grand to buy it. His work is great, wish he was still a vendor here.

Anyone know of a government subsidized loan program for fine knife purchasers? :2cents:

Knives need to be a tax deduction, so I can grab this. I really like that knife, but I am too broke now and have others on the way.

The Damascus pattern looks like something Escher would do if he was a knife maker. Looks like the steel is dripping.

Wow, thats a nice looking knife!
Is it copper etched or is it just the lighting that's giving it that warm color to the highlights?

This is SPF.

It is not copper etched, just the lighting...but it is warm :)

Just love Broadwell's design. did you sell it yet?
I just orderd a custom 270mm gyuto Wa-style from him. Putting him on a challenge since he never made a WA or 270mm :)

Mr. Magnus, yes this one is sold.

You will love his work. I have no doubt David can execute a wa handle very well.

Mr. Magnus, yes this one is sold.

You will love his work. I have no doubt David can execute a wa handle very well.

did you get what you ask for cuz i thought the price you wanted was pretty low.
yeah i have full trust on his work. i seen alot of it and could not ask for a better artist to make it. ill post pictures of it next year when i get it :knife:

Back