Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Food Release Video - My First

Ooosh, just saw the thread. I hope your hand heals quickly, Marko.
    Len

Looks great Marko! Hope your hand heals quickly, I darn near cut the tip off my index finger, if it wasn't for the bone/fingernail I would have. CA glue fixed it!

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Hope the hand heals quickly!!
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Hope the hand heals quickly!!
    Thanks folks. Swelling is gone down, so I just keep dressing the wound and try not to put too much pressure on it when working. I wear a glove, to keep the bandage in place. So far it is manageable.

I just got lucky this time that I cut myself on angle. If the cut were perpendicular to my palm, I would probably have to go to ER.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

If you really wanna test the food release on a potato, you should peel it then soak it in water overnight in the refrigerator. Whole different ballgame.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Some selfish reasons behind it, but I also wish your hand heals well and soon. Looking forward to one of your knives.

Indeed, there are those as interested in knife release as food release . . . bandaids are our friends.

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    If you really wanna test the food release on a potato, you should peel it then soak it in water overnight in the refrigerator. Whole different ballgame.
    OK, will do that and make another video. Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Cipcich View Post
    Indeed, there are those as interested in knife release...
    Still working on improving that. A silver lining is that ultimately you get a better knife -hopefully no stone is left unturned by then.

Hand almost healed (luckily I heal pretty quickly).

M

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    Soaked taters and a Push cut next vid.When you pull cut you finish the cut with the thinnest and the shortest part of the blade.A pull cut is the best technique for food release for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    Soaked taters and a Push cut next vid.When you pull cut you finish the cut with the thinnest and the shortest part of the blade.A pull cut is the best technique for food release for me.
    Yes, it releases best on pull cuts on most things I cut, and some things are better released on push cuts than other. For instance, tomatoes and potatoes releases pretty well on push cut, but apples stick.

I think I am at a good compromise point (heat treatment and geometry) and will start sending knives out and continue improving as I go.

M