Quantcast
Archive access?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Archive access?

Archive access?

Is there a way to access archived/closed vendors threads?

I was trying to find David Broadwell's info as well as Michael Rader's, but can't locate them.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I was also looking for a couple of threads I wanted to read again. I can't remember the thread names, but I knew were to find them for future reference.
    Chewie's the man.

Archived/closed vendor forums used to be viewable, but I guess not anymore.

Pretty sure both of them have websites:

Rader: http://www.raderblade.com/

Broadwell: http://www.david.broadwell.com/

All closed vendor sub-forums are archived on the server in the event that the vendors want to re-open their forums. Vendor sub-forums are available for access only while active.

Yeah, I'd check out their websites--if it's on the internet, it should be there too. It'd be silly to run a business strictly on a section of a webforum.

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    Yeah, I'd check out their websites--if it's on the internet, it should be there too. It'd be silly to run a business strictly on a section of a webforum.
    True, it would be silly to run a business strictly off a web forum and I don't think any one does, but there is information within vendor threads that is applicable to the general whole. For example, Eamon, much of your vendor section is about sheaths and products you sell, but there are also great tidbits of information that others may enjoy having access to after you choose to stop paying the vendor fee. For example your thread on the Sab restoration, or the "epoxy pitting" thread are all valuable and should be accessible any time.

I thought I was just looking in the wrong place.

This is a difficult problem for us. We value all information and want to have it available for access but vendor forums are paid (business) forums that exist strictly for advertising purposes and require us to treat them as such. We have to consider that a vendor who chooses to close their sub-forum would still benefit the same as current good standing (paying) vendors do if the closed forum is left with open access.

+ Reply to Thread