Quantcast
Trying to improve - Your Impressions Good/Bad - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trying to improve - Your Impressions Good/Bad

I have no problem with the site and I also appreciate the videos. I may be responsible for an abandoned cart or two. As my pile of wood grows, I'm getting a little better at controlling myself.

I sometimes add an item to my cart to keep track of pieces I like, without necessarily going through with the purchase. Maybe if you add a feature to allow users to add pieces to a "wishlist" or "watchlist" you would see fewer abandoned carts. It would also be cool to see pieces that have sold recently still listed on the site, but marked as sold. Also your prices are WAY too high. You need to cut them in half. :-)

Oh yeah, it would definitely be nice to be able to see stuff that recently sold, as long as it is marked as such. As for prices, I would most likely buy more if the prices were lower. I'm not sure if that would translate into more profit in the end.

I was joking about the prices. Of course, I'd prefer lower prices, but who am I to say whether your prices are high.

I am responsible for a few abandoned carts! I will often add stuff to see how much it costs, check how much money I have and realize I can't buy anything right now The wishlist idea is a good one!! Prices are great, much lower compared to other places and you get more wood usually since your pieces are usually larger than the 1.25x1.5x5 size most other places carry.

If only more online businesses went to the same depths you are, enjoy the rabbit-hole that is analytics. I agree about people adding to cart to check shipping costs, I am guilty of this on many a site and especially international sites like yours is to me.

Kudos for requesting feedback good or bad direct from your clientele, that takes some stones.

FYI we experience about a 5% cart abandonment rate and 1% indefinite payment pending on our online store and this is very common in the ecommerce world...

I to have had issues at check out. Item already paid for still in the cart, and they cause the error loop because the process will not let me buy something already gone. So I have to clear the cart and start over. Sometimes I can clear just the old items, but there are other times I have to clear the whole box. I have also had issues selecting items, then when checking out, the item count for that particular block is "0" I clear it, go back to the store to select another, and see the same block has "1" available. I try again with no luck, I get "rather grumpy" and log out. Come back after a couple hours, and try again. Sometimes with better results, sometimes not.

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Maybe it is because i use it so much, i have no issues with your site...in fact i can almost do it blindfolded. I am responsible for a few abandoned carts, for exactly the purpose of keeping track of stuff i like, sometimes to go to checkout and find them gone lol. Your store is fine IMO.

I was responsible for several abandoned carts a few months ago. The wood I wanted to buy that I put in my cart was sold while I was deciding to buy it.

This happened to me at least twice.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

I think your site is great! No issues there, sometimes I have issues when I checkout from my phone, but other than that no issues.

+ Reply to Thread