great new knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barnacaine

Reaction score
i visited the taste of london show and came back with two great knives a kin petty 120mm and gyuto 240mm from the kin proffesional range . these are awesome !!! has turned the chore of doing my prep work in the kitchen into fun again . i found this forum which is great to let other people know !!! they have a website kin knives. some of their stuff is mind blowing for quality .
i also bought a trend double sided diamond stone for sharpening ( which i havent used yet ! ) it has two grits 1000 and 400 .
will let eveybody know how i get on with that !
i am 2nd chef at the oriel hotel in st asaph in north wales !

Congrats on the knives, and welcome to KKF.

Welcome to the forum. In the future there a cheaper places than kin, i find them ***kin expensive :D
If you havent already i'd check out Jon @JKI's (has a sub forum here) sharpening video series for some pointers on how to approach sharpening the knives, and if you have any questions ask away.

I'll have to try and stop by next time in north wales

i got kin now and am happy ! as for my other knives i do spoon carvin in my spare time( being welsh!) and theres a company called mora so i bought these carving knives for wood and they also had kitchen ones . they are a bit industrial with colour coded handles and the steel is good but that is why i splashed out on my upgrade ! i wanted something a bit more tactile in the hand and something with a thinner blade .
trust me i spend every day doing alot of prep work ! i wanted the best ! we do alot of weddings and functions hence the menu is not as big as we would like but we deal with alot of covers ! i will have allok at the other ones ! i wont need anymore for a while i aint sharpen these new ones up yet .

Back