Quantcast
Knife Draws First Blood - Cutlery 1, Fingers 0 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knife Draws First Blood - Cutlery 1, Fingers 0

First time I actually held and handled a good J-knife in a shop I remember somehow I nicked myself and, of course, had no idea until the rouge appeared. But as I was talking to the sales guy and attempting to appear knowledgeable and cool, it was quite awkward. I ended up hiding my hand in my pocket, then abruptly cut the conversation short.

much more awesomer
    LMAO. I was trying to look cool and competent handling knives in the shops in Tokyo; it wasn't until I returned home with my first Japanese blade that I realized how crap my skills really are!
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    LMAO. I was trying to look cool and competent handling knives in the shops in Tokyo; it wasn't until I returned home with my first Japanese blade that I realized how crap my skills really are!
    Well.....while I may (emphasis on MAY) be passable as a home cook, my knife skills are, hmmmm, I'll just say - nascent. After watching the various videos from the links in the different threads on this forum, if any of you can cut like that, I prostrate myself at your feet. Heck, I cut myself just sharpening the darn thing. Now, when I hold Selene, I can hear her saying, "You want another piece of me, be-atch?" Maybe someday......
    THAT was the equation. EXISTENCE!...SURVIVAL..must cancel out..programming!

If having blood drawn makes the knife yours, at least three people can claim ownership of my Devin Thomas ITK petty

A surprisingly high percentage the knives I've made have drawn blood at one point or another during their creation. Sometimes it's from the cutting edge, sometimes from another part (or from a tool trained on the knife being created). Often it's a burn instead of a cut (more painful, less gory). I guess a maker owns their knives at one point...