Quantcast
new razor - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: new razor

Like the wedge wood scales, Burnt to get the texture? Just reminds me of my burnt chestnut handles that I love so much Not even going to look at the site for these as I'll get crazy and then dead when the wife catches me

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Am I right that the lacewood is slightly rounded, or are my eyes playing tricks?
    There is a small radius at the tip.

Hoss

Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenChef View Post
    Like the wedge wood scales, Burnt to get the texture? Just reminds me of my burnt chestnut handles that I love so much Not even going to look at the site for these as I'll get crazy and then dead when the wife catches me
    The texture is put on with a wire brush.

Hoss

Quote Originally Posted by DevinT View Post
    The texture is put on with a wire brush.

Hoss
    That wenge didn't look even half as good (and it was a AAA quality) while I had it here. Fantastic finish.

I love the razors. All of them.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Am I right that the lacewood is slightly rounded, or are my eyes playing tricks?
    All of the handles are slightly rounded. Sorry I didn't read it carefuly the first time.

Hoss

Quote Originally Posted by DevinT View Post
    All of the handles are slightly rounded. Sorry I didn't read it carefuly the first time.

Hoss
    You got it right the first time, regardless of what I actually wrote.

Something new to try would be a shoulderless design. It can be a really hot looking razor. I have this German Revisor which is shoulderless with a thumb notch and some jimping on the tang (shaves like a dream):

Here is a spine view of a different razor with the same grind, but no jimps:

They make a square tip version of this, but I prefer the round tip. I think a French tip would look pretty nice as well.

here is a razor that is shoulderless with a French tip:

even in a narrower blade that is a pretty sexy looking razor.