Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kramer Knife Auction

Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    I did not get an email either
    you are blacklisted for selling yours.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I think we both are. How dare we do such a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    I think we both are. How dare we do such a thing!
    Blasphemy

I think today's auction piece will go for at least $20,000.00. Like him or not, he just got a few lucky breaks, and took advantage of them. He is a good craftsman, and the breaks have required him to become a good businessman as well. The two don't often go hand in hand. I think it would be fun to sit around and drink a few beers and eat a few tacos with the guy. Your names might have been removed from his mailing list once you bought a knife, at least that's my understanding, even if you sold it later.
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

A few points here. First, there are few doubts that Bob is as good a businessman as he is a craftsman. Second, custom kitchen knife makers have to admit that Bob Kramer raised a profile for kitchen knives for everybody. When his knives sell for 20K, a knife under 1K seems like a steal.

So, if he can sell at those prices, good for him and good for everybody else who makes custom kitchen knives.

And for those who can't afford Kramer's knives, there are (and will soon be) plenty of alternatives for a fraction of a cost. The pie is tempting.

M

Quote Originally Posted by goodchef1 View Post
    It's an auction. It should go to the highest bidder. If I'm not mistaken, is 12k and 18k 12 & $18,000? Then go with Nenohi. KDX steel. 2.5x harder then honyaki. Hardest stainless steel on planet. Only $20,000 per blade. Heehee
    As the HRC scale is logarithmic, which means that an increase of 3 HRC points is a double in hardness, and a 2.5x increase is approximately equal to an increase from 62 to 66 HRC. Or from HRC 64 to 68 :o
    Good luck sharpening that one

DarkHOeK

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    A few points here. First, there are few doubts that Bob is as good a businessman as he is a craftsman. Second, custom kitchen knife makers have to admit that Bob Kramer raised a profile for kitchen knives for everybody. When his knives sell for 20K, a knife under 1K seems like a steal.

So, if he can sell at those prices, good for him and good for everybody else who makes custom kitchen knives.

And for those who can't afford Kramer's knives, there are (and will soon be) plenty of alternatives for a fraction of a cost. The pie is tempting.

M
    +1! The worst thing would be for it to end up like Pho Shops...someone started selling mammoth tubs of soup with fresh veggies and slow-cooked broth for $4, and now $7 is expensive.

People really should invest in their knives anyways. If you do it right, you will probably only buy one(unless you are one of us).

At 4:50pm EDT, with 22 hours left to bid, it stands at $8000.

Sweet knife. I hadn't seen him make a saya before this.
    "Experience" is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by so_sleepy View Post
    Sweet knife. I hadn't seen him make a saya before this.
    Can you guys save the pic of the saya? I am curious about it.
    M