Video - Oregon Maple Side Burl

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
This video shows some Maple burl that is a bit different from the usual Maple burl you may have seen. This is Big Leaf Maple burl from SW Oregon. The blocks were cut from small side burls instead of the large stump burls that are normally used.
I am still not very good at making the videos, but this might help to explain some of the differences and why I think this wood is so nice.

Talking to one of the forum members on the phone today local woods came up in our conversation. He mentioned that I probably take some of the local stuff for granted with the different exotic woods I import from other countries. It can be easy to forget that some of the burl from around here can be more dramatic than some of the exotic imported wood.

The video is fairly short. Please excuse the poor grammar and lack of speaking skills. Other than that, the wood is pretty cool.

[video=youtube_share;cNkjlLe5XF0]http://youtu.be/cNkjlLe5XF0[/video]

What do you guys think?
Should I continue to do videos like this?
Maybe just the video and me stop talking so much?

I liked it and found it informative.
BTW, thanks for the cow bone! My creative juices are seeping out all over the place!

No, I love the video. This made me want that burl cap really bad.

I have been very good to not buy too much stuff, but I am a sucker for maple. Time to check the paypal.

I think you would see sales go down if you quit doing videos.

+1. I have to admit I've overlooked maple burl in the past because, well it's just maple. That stuff looks really good!

+1 Mark! The video gives the blocks a different dimension that a photo just does not give it.

Back