Quantcast
Sub forum for what should I buy? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sub forum for what should I buy?

I think that this is a great idea and then the what to buy questionaire can be the first item on the forum to make it easier for new members to access.

I have heard this recommended before, but I think that Eamon's questionnaire should be expanded to include questions about handle preferences (wa vs. yo) and steel (carbon vs. stainless), as these two questions are almost always asked of those that fill out the questionnaire.

Yeah, I've been meaning to revisit it.

Should probably throw in some type of a primer on the whole knife set vs. buying individual knives to fit your needs. No one ever seems to catch on to that when they fill out the questionnaire. Most 'help me' posts seem to include the term: 'knife set' , somewhere in the title...

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    Should probably throw in some type of a primer on the whole knife set vs. buying individual knives to fit your needs. No one ever seems to catch on to that when they fill out the questionnaire. Most 'help me' posts seem to include the term: 'knife set' , somewhere in the title...
    That's a good point.

Would also be cool if more 'first posters' eventually followed up with what they decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Namaxy View Post
    That's a good point.

Would also be cool if more 'first posters' eventually followed up with what they decided.
    Agreed.