Quantcast
AEB-L steel Artiflex 240
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AEB-L steel Artiflex 240

AEB-L steel Artiflex 240

I see **** just got in the razor steel guyto in 240 size.It is a plain looking knife with alot of good features esp. for a production Kit. where you may not want a fancy blade,just a good all day cutter.

the handle looks kinda lame.

How do you know it's a good cutter?
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Quote Originally Posted by mhlee View Post
    How do you know it's a good cutter?
    +1; profile looks a bit weird to me...it's like the masamoto KS but more suji like

The handle is not fancy, but it's a big upgrade over the old handle, which was just two slabs of black riveted to a blade. I am not sure you could really do a better handle without upping the price.

I would say it's where you should go if you want a knife with really good steel under $100. As far as being a good cutter, I'd say the Chef's/Gyuto that deserves that title, in order of price, is probably the Suisin Inox Western Series--lowest priced knife with a really proper grind and taper(and an integral bolster to boot!). The grind on the Artifex is alright, nothing to write home about, and profile and overall thickness are usually matters of personal preference, and it's solidly middle of the road there. I would say that I'd use one over the others in the price range any day(like a Tojiro, because they are more flexy, more chip-prone, and don't hold an edge as long).

Consider that both Artifeces are like 1/2 the price of their Wusthof/Shun/Henckels counterparts, and I'd say it's doing pretty dang good. I'm hoping to see another knife soon--a Nakiri or a Parer to go with it.

i would certainly take an artifex over a wusthof/shun/henckel. why is it bolsterless?

Engorged Member
    Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    i would certainly take an artifex over a wusthof/shun/henckel. why is it bolsterless?
    Less expensive to produce.

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    Consider that both Artifeces are like 1/2 the price of their Wusthof/Shun/Henckels counterparts, and I'd say it's doing pretty dang good.
    Arti feces? Meaning they're crap?
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    It's not Scottish, so it must be CCRRAAAPPP!!!!
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"