• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

240mm Tamamoku V2 Yoshikane for trade

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdipisReks

Founding Member
Reaction score
i have a rehandled 240mm Yoshikane V2 gyuto that i'm interested in a trade for. a friend re-handled this in ebony and olive wood. i like the knife a lot, it just doesn't get used much these days. the knife, as pictured, is in good shape. i refinished it with a combination of waterstone and sandpaper, and while it doesn't pop as much as it did brand new, i think it looks pretty good. i don't have a specific trade in mind, but a longish/thinnish carbon sujihiki would interest me the most. regarding gyutos, i'm interested, but it would have to be something a little unusual. i'm open to other trades, just ask. this will ship sharp and with the saya.

click to embiggen

click to embiggen

just fit, i've been offered several Konosuke and Yosuke Sakai sujihikis now, so i'm probably good on those. in fact, i have been offered a nice little package including one of the aforementioned and another knife that i'm leaning towards, at the moment. feel free to offer non Konosuke/Yosuke sujis and other knifes, however!

a Konosuke 300mm White 2 suji and a Konosuke 150mm HD petty. i really needed a suji again (my 10 inch Thiers-Issard carbon slicer just isn't quite cutting it, no pun intended, and i can't use my yanagi for everything), and i can very happily replace my Shun utility with the petty. since the petty is HD, my fiancé can use it too, which is a bonus. due to the handle on the Yoshikane, which a friend made, it had too much sentimental value for me to sell it, but i'm happy to make a trade that will benefit both parties.

Sounds like win/win and wife-win too. Another happy ending to a KKF story!

Back