Quantcast
Catcheside Cutlery - Works in progress. - Page 17
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Catcheside Cutlery - Works in progress.

Will that Ironwood looks amazing can't wait to see it with Damascus ferrule and endcap, nice.

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    Wood of good, Two pieces chosen by customers for upcoming work.
    Ironwood from arizona ironwood, I will be getting some of this fro myself I think and some amazing buckeye from burlsource.

Mid grind, more stainless damascus san mai..... Teaser

Finally got my own Dewar, fed up with the terrible hold time and small neck on the rental.

This was brand new never opened as the chap said he decided to store his sperm somewhere else. second hand price, couldn't refuse. Has a fantastic hold time and decent neck size. Finally got my furnace issue sorted too as it was going though coils every couple of months and leaving me in the lurch often, now sorted thank goodness.
    Thats a big bucket of sperm!

Here is your piece of buckeye fella,

Finishing up Davids pieces.

The customer favors a front of handle balance. With all wood handles balance will be a little forward of the choil naturally. Balance on these will be brought back with a brass dowl/stainless endcap combo.

I am aiming to have two in stainless damascus clad finished next.
    Blanks ready to forge out.

The smaller one will be a good 240mm the big one will be bigger. They will be stainless damascus fittings and fullered spacer.
    Everything I have to go out in stainless mono is heat treated ready to grind. Sorry for the delays for you chaps. Its been a pain to have both nitrogen and a working furnace at the same time. Problems now sorted.
    Next week I hope to finally get around to finishing this latest feather batch of 6 commissioned knives, for the first time there will be none spare all spoken for. It is going to be something a bit different again from the last batch and very special.

I'm bloody speechless. Came late on this post and had to go through all the pics and WIP in one go... now I have an idea of what Stendhal Syndrome might feel like...

Thank you CP I had to google that. What an excellent syndrome! If you want even more my old WIP thread is updates from metal land.
    A little more, I thought it was wednesday all day today, always dissapointing to have lost a day somewhere
    Balance achieved with brass dowel and end cap to suit each.

With a little testing
    All ready to polish and etch

These 5 are finished handles fixed on, just need honing, does not take more than a stroke or two to set the bevel on 1000grit stone when they are this thin at the edge. I will work the tips and hone them over the weekend , will ship to you early next week David.

Many pictures to follow hope to get a chance to do some gallery shots of them on sunday/monday. Making a start on the next two is stainless dammy tomorrow.

lookers Will!
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Great balancing act Will. Tks for the adjustment of the balance point to where I like it..

Hv a nice week-end.

rgds

D

Top class work as usual.

Will, has your grind evolved over the past year or so? It looks like the blades have bocome a touch thicker with greater convexity maybe.

+ Reply to Thread