Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Catcheside Cutlery - Works in progress.

Thank you fellas, much appreciated. Apple are to blame for the lack of video, as I can no longer update to the new system, its a pain updating video editing software that will run with the Drift HD, but im working it out....

In this Dammageddon instalment we have all the feather billets ready to be cut and stacked. As there are 4 feather billets they will make 2 stacks of 8, the other is the basket weave which will get a stack to 4 , then everything is getting split. I need to do a high layer laminate to feather to be combined with feathered basket weave as the edge material/pretty combo. Also do a square billet of basket weave with a load of pure nickel for ferrule and end cap. This will be for the first knife set combo. I have a very clear Idea for 2 of the sets now, and a pretty good idea about the 3rd. I will make a separate thread shortly regarding that. The sets and storage/board combo will be drawn on paper first.
    Anyway, feather dammy is on the last stage, so not long till I forge some blades out of that.

Some deep etched nickel/steel forms from the bar ends along the way.

That looks awesome, Will! You can tell I come from a family of Jewelers; I looked at it and thought, "these would be amazing cuff links!"
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Thanks man. Just to say I have been out of action with a tummy bug this week. Looks like I will recover for friday, (i hope) when i am attending a masterclass using power steel type damascus for 3 days hosted by Doc price with Ed Schempp among others. Will get some pictures.

feel better Will, cant wait to see what you do with these

Thanks my friend, well after a fruitful and inspiring weekend am now winding up on many many billets of damascus, so will see some order work and available one of pieces coming very very soon from me.
    Feather damascus on the very last stage.

Nice work Will, any updates on the last stainless batch?

Nearly ground....

Just to keep Status-quo, or quiet at least Honestly you have been very patient and you deserve an update.
    All now tapered and grinds well on the way. I wont tell you how many belts to taper the Cleaver, I had to HT it at full thickness as 14c28n has a habit of warping on HT, then again on cryo then again on temper and often warps during grinding. Its a lovely steel, but there is some art in keepin the bugger straight

Next to do the hollows on the cleaver behind the bevels.