Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Catcheside Cutlery - Works in progress.

I really like your craft style!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nasr View Post
    Next level skill on display
    +1.

what is the yellow tape for?

Thank you fellow knife fiends.
    The Yellow Tape, is simply the prevent epoxy from getting where it dont wana be gettin.

I have a busy end of week, and weekend getting this lot all done I reckon Finally getting the last of the stainless batch out. Laying handle parts out to be cut, prepped etc.

I think thin black spacer between damascus parts and end cap here...

Buffalo/copper/walnut

Not forgetting John's....

Looking good this time around, A little more work to do on the bevel then a final grind in the hollows then finishing......

Got 3 blades HT'd too today, but they will be for next week now...

Silly little thing stopped progress on these today, I busted my little cutter I use to make the holes for the tang in metal parts and had to order replacements. So In the end I had to busy myself with other things today. But will will have what I need to carry on monday.

Hey Will, any updates?

Sorry for the pause...I had a terrible flu last week and was away for the weekend.
    Anyway, Happy Thanks giving is in order I believe
    A few pics of some work about to be finished.
    [URL=http://s798.photobucket.com/user/catcheside/media/IMG_0727_zps14a5d275.jpg.html][/URL

All the stainless lot will be finally done and out by next week, including the cleaver.
    My focus before xmas is to get as much of the feather damascus batch done as possible. I think that will have me tied up until after xmas, when I do have the damascus clad knives to do, before I can crack on with 2014 orders. I will be officially opening orders again soon with the new years menu

Hi Will, been admiring your work for sometime now. I promised myself I would get one of your work one of these days.

What steel is the last one, really like that one. Handle combination is also perfect.

Ferry
    I see, I like, I cut!

Thanks very much.
    The last one is the Ladder stainless damascus carbon san mai. It has an 01 carbon core, I made a WIP on this knife, the handle is Flamed redwood and stainless damascus with Jadeite spacer. Should be all finished tomorrow and I can get some proper pics. The finish is close to mirror and Im looking forward to getting some quality pictures
    These are all spoken for though I will be adding more stock to my site for xmas and and taking orders again for next year very soon.