Quantcast
Catcheside Cutlery - Works in progress. - Page 26
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Catcheside Cutlery - Works in progress.

Although you appear to be missing a gyuto these are super nice! What's the white ferrule made of?

Its a rather nice faux bone material from finland. Smells rather delightfully of coconut as I grind it Don't worry I will get to yours

Will you make as beautiful a knife and handle as anyone! Maybe some day i will be lucky enough to own one!
    "Those who say it can't be done are always pasted by those doing it"

What is the source for the Finnish fake bone material?

I have allot of handles to fix in place on monday now...... Here is one with my version of a D handle with damascus fittings. Looking forward to getting some well lit gallery shots next week...

These are 3 for my shop all set to handle next week. The two stainless damascus D2 core, and one Petty in a sexy mosaic pattern, with matching ferrule. Will work out what Im doing with handles for these next week. That is like a side line to getting on with the major mission which is to forge some more feather damascus.

Ok I'll say it. You D-shape handles looking freaking amazing!

Thanks. Im particularly happy with it. The shape has evolved a little for the better I think. I have left the rear flared and only tapered in th front. This feels really good in hand and I like the shapes. Really pleased also with the split ferrule with two aspects of damascus on display....I will have to play with this idea further....
    It is however an utter pig making this shape with damascus parts, therefore this shape option in damascus will have to be somewhat taxed over Octagonal/taper.

Man those are nice Will!

Mountains and mountains of damascus in production. We have the feather damascus for the last of last years blades, and random for san mai. Enough Feather for a few of the first 2014 commissions too, A basket weave, which I am going to feather and cross with half a feather billet. Another billet of basket woven W's, in two types of material. And finally the billets from my powder experiments I have combined with an 01 edge, and am stacking now for the loaf. Lots of damascus, will see some blades taking shape next week!

New bandsaw is working out very well, super fast and easy to use. This will allow me to take very accurate slices and angle cuts, making all sorts of possibilities.

Slice off the experiments with powered steel and nickel, before last couple of stacks for the loaf.

Sigh...that parer.......
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com