• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Takeda Chukabocho

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecchef

Global Moderators
KKF Lifetime Supporter
Founding Member
Reaction score
Kind of an unusual bird. Takeda Chuka in white #1 with Stefan handle in what I believe is ebony & dyed maple.
The profile makes it a bit taller it the front than the heel. It's quite comfortable.
Acquired it years ago from a member (don't remember who though) on the other forum. Used it a handful of times since then.
Still has original Martell convex grind. Minor discoloration (patina) from storage. Asking $550 all in.

RIMG0541.jpg
RIMG0542 - Copy.jpg
RIMG0543 - Copy.jpg
RIMG0545 - Copy.jpg
RIMG0547 - Copy.jpg
RIMG0548 - Copy.jpg
RIMG0556.jpg

251mm long
91mm high @ heel
95mm high @ front (10mm back of tip)
4mm wide spine @ heel
2mm wide spine @ tip
Front rise through first @ 70mm of edge, then 130mm of flat, then 50mm of edge at rear rise (linear measure)
Weighs right around 500g

No micrometer so I can't get blade thickness measurements. :(

It's actually a menkiribocho, takedas noodle knife....I only know cause u got it from me!....Ryan

Big Blue is back! I love this cleaver. One of my all time favorite feeling Stefan handles.

Yeah like Ryan said it was a menkiribocho but we added some belly so that it had just a tad of rock which I guess transformed it into a chuckobocho.

:cry:

I'm paying off a new bicycle... why do these things always pop up when funds are locked up /cry

Hey, I remember Big Blue, that is a nice handle if I may say so myself... I think it was dyed birdseye maple but I am not totally sure. Looks like a nice license plate ;)

Stefan

That rocks!
I love full handles and a slight neck on cleavers. I'd seen the menkiribocho's before and it looks like Dave and Stefan did a great job (surprised?) on the conversions. This might also be the first Takeda I've seen in W#1.
Very unique, very awesome. Plus, I've heard that older Takeda stuff is often better.

This looks familiar;) One thing I meant to ask awhile back- how does W1 compare to W2? I'm speaking in generalities here of course, heat treat will affect it to some degree obviously...

OK, I'm bumping this again.

I'm a little tight on liquid assets at the moment, so here's the deal.

Buy this and and 100% of the proceeds go to Chef Niloc. I only ask that the seller covers paypal fees. I'll cover postage.

$400. I can't think of money better spent.

Dave

Damn! It's a Takeda and for a good cause how can I say no. I'll take it if its still available

Mike, never pegged you as a cleaver guy. Hope this changes that and we can start seeing some wicked cleaver re-handles.

Dave, extremly generous of you!

Generousity of this forum is phenominal.

Awesome guys! So freakin' awesome. KKF should be coming up for a Nobel prize pretty soon. THIS is an example of the internet put to good use.

Back