• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sugimoto #6

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonD

Reaction score
DSCN0385.jpgDSCN0386.jpgDSCN0394.jpg

Here's my Sugimoto.

I am the first owner, but I bought it "New-Old Stock" and had to remove a bit of "aggressive patina" when I got it. You can just barely make out some of the really cool swirly lines in the cladding from the storage rust. While I was refurb'ing the blade with Flitz and a cotton towel, most of the faux kasumi haze was removed. Whatever they use for the haze actually seems to be painted on rather than just polished into the blade. Underneath were some pretty rough grinding marks from the factory/maker. I didn't dare try to grind them all out and polish everything back up, so it's not as pretty as it could be. I tried to get a close up of the scratches, but my camera is garbage. Hopefully you get the idea.

The bevels are nice and flat, it's very easy to get this thing absurdly sharp. Enough that it actually gets annoying how it keeps sticking into the cutting board with the lightest touch. If I used it more, I would put on a micro bevel, but I'll leave that up to the buyer.

Asking $260 including PayPal fees and insured shipping to the USA.

Thanks! I'm not too happy about letting it go, but I've got something special coming and I need the money.

Price drop. $230 with PayPal and shipping inside the USA

Dam if I had gotten to buying a cleaver I may have snagged this up. But atm 210 for something I don't know if I like the style just seems to high for me.

If it was in Australia this would be very tempting, even if I already have one :knife:

Thought the same :spiteful: Now am thinking of sugimoto #7.

Ok last one for reals this time. $199 Also considering full/partial trades for Watanabe Pro/Zensho/Kochi/Yoshikane (non hammered)/Shigefusa 240mm Gyutos.

DAMN! That's an awesome price... A new one would run you over $100 more...

Another bump. Willing to entertain reasonable offers.

Anyone on the fence about this knife should just go ahead and get it. I can hardly imagine a better cleaver at full price. At this price, there is none.

I'm interested if you're willing to reconsider selling. Can't psyche myself up for paying full retail on the Sugi 6--despite multiple urgings from enablers here--so preparing to settle for a lesser cleaver.

Huh, no response. Still available if people are interested. I'm pretty much happy to keep it or not, so I'm not in a hurry to get rid of it.

Back