Quantcast
Zakuri blue #1 kurouchi gyuto NKD - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zakuri blue #1 kurouchi gyuto NKD

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Sharp View Post
    Do you know's being used here? I'm guessing the '#1500' is some kind of polishing paste (diamond?) and the two bits of wood are probably on the soft stuff (balsa?).
    I probably am guessing the same. J-Bro knows, definitely.

Sponsors
    no one is using diamond for polishing that i know of... a lot of this stuff i'm sworn to secrecy on. Sorry guys.

And BTW, I love my zakuri blue #1 gyuto too, but she's been stripped naked and has been having this sexier look for a long while.

I would guess saving mud from stones will work for home use.

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    no one is using diamond for polishing that i know of... a lot of this stuff i'm sworn to secrecy on. Sorry guys.
    Well, Jon, someone seems to have finally managed to persuade you to devulge the coveted Kochi measurements... Perhaps your prized polishing secrets could be next?

Quote Originally Posted by Rottman View Post
    I would guess saving mud from stones will work for home use.
    Good idea - kind of environmentally-friendly too!

Quote Originally Posted by schanop View Post
    And BTW, I love my zakuri blue #1 gyuto too, but she's been stripped naked and has been having this sexier look for a long while.
    Love to see pics!
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Hope this is not a distraction to original thread. This is how my zakuri looks now. It was on the stone last week and got a full body massage; since then it has seen some light usage, ence, some smudge, and light patina.

I've got some more photos posted earlier in J-Bro's sub forum.

Wow that looks really good. Did you have trouble getting an even finish up by the ferrule?

Schanop, looks great. The bevels look much more even than the first time you posted this beauty. Here's the link to schanop's older zakuri post. I was staring at these pictures for a while before I bought mine... just added fuel to the fire.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...i-still-rustic

Thank K-Fed, that's mainly from getting a bit better sharpening and polishing the left hand bevel. Still not any close to consistency of the right hand bevel. And natural stone helps easing the pain a fair bit.

@JasonD, the little trick I use is wrapping a sand paper wrapped wine cork -- a small sanding block would do similar job. You can then apply some pressure towards the corner where it allows the edge of the sand paper to get quite close to the ferrule.