Hi again, i started a topic a few days ago asking advice about getting a knife, after several replies and reading a lot on this and other forums....well...I am more confused tha before.
I will tell you a little bit more about myself, I cook at home, almost every day and weekends, I started culinary school but the knife will be used at home. I wont be using it several hours a day, so I can adapt to the knife id neccesary.
I own a few Wusthof Classic Ikon knives (8" chef, 4" paring and 6" sandwich) which I take care a lot. After every use, I clean them and put them away.
Now, the japanese knife I am looking for must be a good knife that will last me a lifetime but also must beautifull, I must admit that was one of the reason that I bought the whustof ikon's beside having good reviews of course.
Also I dont have skills using the stones to sharp the knives, I was thinking of getting a sharpmaker to begin.
My budget is under $200, but if it really justifies I can go a little above that.
This is a list of the knives I have seen:
- Hiromoto AS (http://www.japanesechefsknife.com/Te...akuSeries.html)
- Fujiwara FKM (http://www.This Site Not Allowed Here.com.com/fufkmgy21.html)
- Masamoto VG (http://www.japanesechefsknife.com/VG...EIGHT:%20181px)
- Tojiro DP (http://www.This Site Not Allowed Here.com.com/tojiro-dp-f-8081.html)
- Tohigaru Moly (http://korin.com/Shop/Togiharu-Molybdenum)
- Misono UX10 (http://www.This Site Not Allowed Here.com.com/mi.html) I liked this one a lot but I must find a really good reason to expend this kind of money.
Thanks everyone for their time and comments