1. Do you like the weight of the ikon?
Yes, the weight is ok, as I said before I dont use it 8/10 hs a day, so If it not an extremely heavy knife, weight shlould not be a problem.
2. What is your favorite aspect of the ikon?
I really like the handle, I find it very confortable.
3. Do you like the thickness of the ikon?
Yes, I like the thickness, but I dont have a problem trying something different
4. Are you looking for something that isn't so stiff/is more flexible?
I am looking for something different, to cook everyday with and compare.
5. Do you like the handle shape of the ikon?
Yes, I like it a lot.
6. Do you like the handle material of the ikon?
Yes, I like it, I liked the Grenadill wood (African Blackwood) better but they were far more expensive and couldn't afford them.
7. Do you "rock chop"?
8. Do you use it to break chicken bones, fish bones?
Not really, sometimes, but usually not.
9. What is the thing you dislike most about the ikon?
It seems that I cant keep it sharp, but know that my sharping (lack) abilities are responsible for that.
After reading a lot I narrow my search to this (i think)
- Hiromoto AS (http://www.japanesechefsknife.com/Te...akuSeries.html)
- Masamoto VG (http://www.japanesechefsknife.com/VG...EIGHT:%20181px)
maybe, a very small maybe:
- Misono UX10 (http://www.This Site Not Allowed Here.com.com/mi.html)
I am almost sold on the hiromoto