Masamoto 27cm KS slicer.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bieniek

Banned
Reaction score
So i said I will post those. Here ya have it.

Saya is shite. Absolutely. No pin.

Handle is very nice. Tanghole also surprisingly neat.

Spine rounded and polished. Choil little polished, not rounded.
Blade one cm longer than 27cm shigefusa but edge similar.

Came sharpened... I dont know if he likes me to add ES for free but I dont like it.
There is some scratches left.

That was fast!

Lol, saw the picture of the saya cavity. That's pretty funny.

I too got scratches from the "extra sharpening" service a while back. Not a good idea.

If that saya is friction fit, try soaking it in oil. My KS saya was a bit loose until I oiled it, now it's perfectly snug.

Congrats on a great looking knife, mate!
I'm sure it will serve you well.

And the described level of service and effectiveness in shipping are duly noted for future reference;)

Blade looks nice. Its profile is very much similar to its gyuto cousin, just not as tall. Agree that this saya is a piece of crap, but probably due to a coustom size where masa does not have any proper saya for it. My two masa sayas didn't come with a pin.

I will make one anyways.
I like the blade though. I just wish its clad but I will check cutting first before complaining.

I will make one anyways.
I like the blade though. I just wish its clad but I will check cutting first before complaining.

Very nice knife and pics! Just curious what you prefer in clad over monosteel?

Thanks

Cheers.

Thinking in perspective, its easier to thin out and polish soft cladding.

It has a different feeling and those I own have less flex and bit more thickness to it.

But this blade is perfectly fine. Now lets cut some meat today :)

Latest posts

Back