New Walnut/Cherry WIP

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Still Plays With Blocks
Reaction score
I can't post all the boards that are in progress, some 83 now either being worked on or ready to be worked on, because I would probably tie up the server. Rather than that, I will pick and choose only those that are different and may be of interest to the forum.

This is a 2 x 18 x 24 walnut/cherry board that was oiled yesterday and waxed this morning. It is shown sitting on the wrapping table ready for shrink wrap and packaging for its trip to FL. I really like the look of the two woods together. Once the cherry darkens, the contrast in wood colors will be less but still distinct.

DSC_0121.jpg

Another nice one, David! Can't wait to see what you bring to the ECG, as my wife might be willing to add another board once the kitchen is done.

The two toned boards have grown on me, though I have always appreciated the contrast of the wood grain in your boards like in some of the premo walnut examples. The board I bought for my brother was stunning, but I couldn't find the pictures just yet, so here are a couple others I dug up.

MahoganyMaple_BIG.jpg

Teaser_for_Lee.jpg

Just got a new board from David.

This one is a 16x16 combination of cherry, walnut and mahogany.

Pic here

Last edited:
16x16x2combo.jpg

Had a few minutes to figure out image attachments/links :thumbsup:

Back