Quantcast
Cut Brooklyn PA - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cut Brooklyn PA

Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    That is the main reason I want to test drive it.And as for a "Pro" taking someone new knife to work, I feel that would be in bad taste.
    I didn't mean any offense to anyone by suggesting that a knife should be evaluated by a pro user/s. I think in a pro kitchen, a knife would be used up to it's potential (variety of things to cut and quantity), and I assume the owner is interested to know what the knife is capable of. Why would this be a bad taste?

Knives I sent (and intend on sending out) to pro kitchen come back in pristine condition (Matt, Jordan, and others), with same bevels I send them out. I haven't got a knife back damaged ever, so I don't think one should automatically assume it will be abused.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Still need PMs with addresses for add, and El Pescador, please. tgraypots is probably first up

Now that I've slept, eaten, worked concrete and am now eating again, I realize you meant no harm, Marko.
    I apologize for over-reacting, but I still believe hobby chefs could evaluate the crap out of a knife!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Engorged Member
    It's coming to me. While I'm no longer in the game, I think and evaluate like a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    And as for a "Pro" taking someone new knife to work, I feel that would be in bad taste.
    Why? Just because they are pros does not mean they would be treated poorly. Especially people who are on this board, I am pretty sure they understand the difference between someone's personal passaround and a house knife. As a "knife maker" aren't you interested in how things perform in all environments? If the CTS-XHP holds an edge for you all week without a touch up, wouldn't you like to know after how much it actually does lose it's edge?
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Please don't start a war over this. Participants can use the knife in any way they want as long as it's not as a hammer or illegal. It should hold up to normal usage and sharpening. Obviously the pros will put greater demands on the knife just by the sheer volume of work, so opinions about home use and pro use are both interesting.

Oh, the knife is in the mail to tgraypots. Please let me know about its progress. Copy of the participants' names and addresses enclosed in the order the knife should be sent and received. Tgray pots is in North Carolina and it should then be going to Florida.

Thanks for doing this Piton, I look forward to the reviews.

(And congratulations on the new knife!)

I'm more interested in fit and finish, aesthetics and how it feels in my hand than I am edge retention.
    Tom Gray, Seagrove, NC

Pitonboy, thanks again for doing this.

I am going to bow out of this one for right now.
    If something changes (I am geographically near Spike, Pac NW) perhaps it could still be worked in.

Hope I didn't take up any potential spots.

In the meantime, looking forward to following this.

Best,
    wayne