Cut Brooklyn PA

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitonboy

Reaction score
So, I have the Cut Brooklyn I got from Dave; it sharpens easily and cuts well but obviously greater experience than mine is needed for more sophisticated judgement. I haven't done a passaround, so I am paraphrasing the rules from Sachem's HHH passaround: 50 posts or a PM makes you eligible; I will choose the list. Will try to keep it in North America but could do a Euro tour if there is interest. Knife must be insured and signature required. Sharpen it only if you know how. If you know of any other rules that make for a successful passaround , feel free to jump in.

Sounds right. I so want to try this one out. Thx pitonboy and Dave for making this possible.:hatsoff::ggodjob:

I would like to participate in this!

This is the first pass around I am interested in,I would love to handle the knife.

I would like to try one of these as well, if you please.

I'm in if you'll have me.
And I will have you if I am in. :wink:

Already have an opinion on the handle (been there, done that with non-kitchen customs) but would love to try the blade w/o any other personal bias.

Thanks Pitonboy !

Only rule I could think of to make it a success is to limit the number of participants and put a time limit on how long a person holds onto the knife, it would be a shame if you don't see your new (to you) toy for 6 months or so cause every one on the forum wants to give it a ride. Congrats on the new knife and best wishes on a successful passaround!

If you need/want me, I'm very interested. Thanks for the opportunity. :)

I've been wanting to try one of these for a while now, so I would love to get in on this if possible. Thanks

Mike

I'm interested.

Not to jump the order or anything, but if I were first and it got here by Saturday, it'll be here for the 3CG. Then it could go to someone else, then to the WCG after that. Just an idea, not trying to be pushy.

Besides Iceman, where are the other pros? Give this knife a shift (or longer) workout. Sorry if I missed somebody.

M

I can always put it through a professional test in a different setting.
Other than volume of product cut, I don't see what the "seasoned guys", like Rick, Edipis and T won't be able to do or evaluate that a pro would be able to.

I cook high-quality meals everyday, at work. Just because the food is for a bunch of hungry firefighters doesn't mean it's all chili, pot roasts and pastas. You'd be blown away at the quality of food and the skill set of many cooks at a Firehall. I came on with a well respected sushi chef, just to give you an idea....

I realize this comment is a bit "aggressive", especially for me, but I just got off shift, and ran calls all night. I'm sleep deprived and grumpy, but I still feel there's a place for "hobbyist knife-knuts".

I can always put it through a professional test in a different setting.
Other than volume of product cut, I don't see what the "seasoned guys", like Rick, Edipis, TK and I won't be able to do or evaluate that a pro would be able to.

we can't replicate the dread "toss the knife in a sink full of other crap" test. at least without crying, anyway. ;)

an, just bought a new knife and you're sending it right out the door to share with others.
Pretty amazingly generous!
I my work travel schedule is too unpredictable atm to get involved, but I'm excited to see everyone's thoughts on this knife.

I'd like to take a look at it. Maybe I can stop by Pesky's while he has it. :)

I'll take her for a spin. See if an edge makes it through a shift.

Everyone who has signed up is in. A week per person is enough? I would like everyone to PM me their name and address so maybe we can do this geographically to minimize shipping time

Thanks! PM sent. A week should be plenty.

PM sent
I'm really interested in how this 1095 compares with my O1 with the HT that Hoss recommended to me.

PM sent
I'm really interested in how this 1095 compares with my O1 with the HT that Hoss recommended to me.
The only problem with that would be that it's CTS-XHP.

Really? I thought that he did everything in 1095.

The only problem with that would be that it's CTS-XHP.

That is the main reason I want to test drive it.And as for a "Pro" taking someone new knife to work, I feel that would be in bad taste.

Back