Quantcast
Cut Brooklyn PA - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cut Brooklyn PA

Thank you Pitonboy for contributing to the community in this way.
    I am looking forward to finally seeing some reviews on the CutBrooklyn knife.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    Why? Just because they are pros does not mean they would be treated poorly. Especially people who are on this board, I am pretty sure they understand the difference between someone's personal passaround and a house knife. As a "knife maker" aren't you interested in how things perform in all environments? If the CTS-XHP holds an edge for you all week without a touch up, wouldn't you like to know after how much it actually does lose it's edge?
    I don't mean it will be treated poorly,just usage..If I have the knife for a week it might see 3-4 hours tops.How many hours would you put on it in a week in a pro kitchen.I am just try to be respectful to the mans like new knife that he graciously let us check out.I can say edge retention is on the bottom of my list on a knife.I am more concerned with how the knife cuts and feels in my hand. Thanx again Pitonboy

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I was just wondering if we can see the list here, just for timing and such please.

I would also like to say thank you if I haven't done so yet.
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    I don't mean it will be treated poorly,just usage..If I have the knife for a week it might see 3-4 hours tops.How many hours would you put on it in a week in a pro kitchen.I am just try to be respectful to the mans like new knife that he graciously let us check out.I can say edge retention is on the bottom of my list on a knife.I am more concerned with how the knife cuts and feels in my hand. Thanx again Pitonboy
    I don't think it's so much about the hours but the sharpenings. How many times can you sharpen a knife before it really becomes a different knife? Yes, you can thin it but you have changed the geometry set by the knifemaker. This is not so much the case with Heiji, Carter, etc. but otherwise, I wouldn't want my brand new knife sharpened too many times.

Sweet contribution to the community Pitonboy! I look forward to reading the reviews, hopefully you can look forward to some good old fashioned karma!

Cheers
    one man gathers what another man spills...

The list will be posted Friday evening. Crothcipt, you are roughly eighth I think but I cant get at the actual list until then.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I figured if you started in Fl., I just don't do well not knowing some kind of order. And anticipation is killing me.
    Chewie's the man.

Well, you did better than the midwest and Canada...

Yay, Canada!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Saved the best for last, Lefty