Crothcipt

RRLOVER

stereo pete

Edipis Reks

Iceman91

Lefty

and then home to me.

There is a copy of the list with mailing addresses with the knife

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    He he you might get to see it just in time for christmas.

Ty for posting.
    Chewie's the man.

Thanks, again, for doing this pass around.

Rick

Great list comprised with a variety of some very knowledgable folks !

I am ready to send this puppy on, and I would like to know how much we are insuring it for. I can't seem to find his prices anywhere!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

It's around $500.

The CB is now on it's way to Crothcipt.
    This knife is a little.....different. I was surprised by the way that it was ground, on his web site he is shown holding knives in progress, with the main bevel ground in, and as far as I could tell that was about all the grinding that was done. Half of the blade was a parallel sided slab of steel, with an abrupt transition to the main bevel, like a single edge Japanese knife with no distal taper, and just enough sanding to mask the transition. The only thing that made the blade look like it tapered in length was the long thin tip. It is rather thick behind the edge compared to the knives that we are accustom to, and quite sticky despite the heavily "convex" grind. If it were mine I would round the spine more and do more contouring of the handle, while the shape was all right it has too many edges for my taste.
    The profile is quite European, as advertised, and lends itself to rock chopping, so I found myself having to revert to technique that I have moved away from. All in all I think that I prefer my old 8" rosewood handled Forschner chefs knife to this one, and I haven't pulled that out in a looong time!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

This got here today. The saya has some green, I would say mold on it. Any recommendations on cleaning it off. Its not bad, but can get that way.
    Chewie's the man.

That was on there even when it arrived at my place. It's probably dirty looking now, but it looked like Chromium Oxide or crayon or something to me(I have toddlers, my mind immediately goes to crayons). Def too neon to be mold. It'll need to be sanded past.

Ya I see that. But this is a little lighter green and seems to have some growth from the grain. Ill take a pic. later just to make sure nothing has expanded.
    Chewie's the man.