Nice to meet you! :newhere: Hajimemashite. Konnichiwa.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara@JKI

Reaction score
Hi :hungry: This is Sara Motomura-Broida from Japanese Knife Imports. For many years I watched Jonathan being a big part in online forums, and as an analog person, I wasn't quite sure what it mean to be active online... but just out of curiosity I decided to be a part of this forum.

As you can tell, I'm a Japanese native, and my English is very so-so... but I'm hoping to be some of help through my Japanese linguistic and cultural knowledge.

Sara :ntmy:

img0550qb.jpg

Welcome welcome!

You probably already know that we're bad influences on Jon ;)

こんばんはサラと歓迎。あなたは東海岸の集まりで私たちの多くを満たしている、あなたは非常にここで歓迎されます。手形

Welcome!

A ton of us are already fans of yours. At least your paper wrapping and your family's pottery.

wow. Thank you everyone :bliss: Didn't expect people to respond so quickly to my post :bliss:

PS - AJ, besides knives, I have an awesome collection of socks.

...You probably already know that we're bad influences on Jon ;)
Yeah, right! :rofl2: Don't kid yourself. He sits around all day either playing with any cool knife he wants or dreaming up stuff all of us junkies can't resist.

Sara:

It is delightful to have you online solo. Your notes and packaging have been exquisite, and I look forward to getting to know you personally on the forum.

Keith

Yeah, right! :rofl2: Don't kid yourself. He sits around all day either playing with any cool knife he wants or dreaming up stuff all of us junkies can't resist.

Well, yes. He has all that time and yet avoids wrapping and USPS.... Detox is not even possible at this point :spin chair:

Sara:

It is delightful to have you online solo. Your notes and packaging have been exquisite, and I look forward to getting to know you personally on the forum.

Keith

I'm so glad that you and some other customers/friends notice the details :) I always wished those little changes mean something, and makes whole experience with JKI a little bit more special.... so the comments like yours is something significant, and make my time here at JKI very special and meaningful too :hula:

I suspect most of us here have had the pleasure of receiving special packages from Jon that include your thoughtful notes and beautiful wrapping. :cool2: Welcome!

I always wished those little changes mean something, and makes whole experience with JKI a little bit more special....
Absolutely they do! Frankly, I don't know how you find the time to do it, but I hope you can keep it up.

Welcome to KKF!

I wonder what Jon's unassisted wrapping would look like... maybe next time one of us orders 2 knives from JKI we can request one get the standard high-quality Sara wrapping and the other get a unique Jon-quality wrapping.

I was kind of scared to find out how people would react, but honestly it's been great to be welcomed so warmly :IMOK: Thank you guys so much :)

well.. this is how I feel ↓↓↓
img2596p.jpg

That's a cool-looking gate. Where/what is it? I bet the signs say so, but, sorry, I can't read them! (Wish I could, though.)

Regards,

Mark

this was taken at the front of restaurant specialized in Japanese eel.... Jon's favorite eel restaurant in Yamagata, Japan (where I'm from). Thus "yay"

I wonder what Jon's unassisted wrapping would look like... maybe next time one of us orders 2 knives from JKI we can request one get the standard high-quality Sara wrapping and the other get a unique Jon-quality wrapping.

trust me, you dont want to see. I had to apologize last time i wrapped something for someone.

they went without me when sara went back to japan for a friends wedding... i was pissed. Hitsumabushi is the best there.

Back