Quantcast
KKF Cookbook
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KKF Cookbook

KKF Cookbook

After browsing the "What's Cooking" thread and drooling repeatedly, it seems like we've got a wealth of talented cooks here. Would anyone be interested in assembling a KKF cookbook? Nothing too official, just dishes we like with pictures, ingredient lists and rough proportions (unless a pro wants to volunteer space as a test kitchen). We could print them and sell them at cost to members.

Thoughts?

The organization would be interesting. One would either have to break it down by cook's style (BBQ, mexican, contemporary american, etc) or, if it were even possible, organize it by knife type/style (cleaver section, yanagi section, etc).
    It is our human duty to enjoy life. We’ve got to be greedy about living. We learned that greed is a vice, but that’s old. Greed is a virtue. Especially this greediness for life.

Definitely a knife heavy cookbook with lots of pictures would be cool.

Sounds great. With Blurb and some of the other sites, it's pretty easy to put together a book and print it for a reasonable price. And the picture quality is more then adequate, assuming the pics are tweaked with Photoshop, etc.

Of course all the recipes will probably start like this:

"Step 1: Remove 1200 grit stone from soaking tub and set on sink bridge or damp paper towel placed on counter top"

Oo yeah a small box on every page with each cooks' sharpening progression and the knife they used! This could be so badass!

Yeah that's what I was thinking--each recipe gets two pages, one for the recipe and photos of the process/finished dish, the other with knife information pertinent to the techniques used in the dish (sharpening to achieve a specific effect, types of cuts, that sort of thing). We could organize it a few different ways.

LOL just what my wife needs me to get Another cookbook LOL

Count me in

this would be cool!

I think we should actually do this. It would have to be a collaborative project and will probably take time to create, but why not?

Too many chefs...