Japanese Knives I'm Finally On Kitchen Knife Forums :doublethumbsup:

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara@JKI

Reaction score
Hi, this is Sara from JKI :shots:

For most people online, I think, Jonathan is THE owner of JKI, but I'm also an owner, and I am around in the shop (except I take an extra day off on Sunday). For some insiders, it might even appear that I'm a boss at JKI :gun1:

I was born and raised in Yamagata, Japan. I finished 2 year college in Tokyo, then transferred to and graduated from American Studies at Saitama University. I moved to the US to attend MA Journalism in the summer of 2008, and completed it in Dec 2009. So, I am a humanity major student to the core. I didn't expect to sell Japanese kitchen knives when I was a child (or a student). My dream was to pursuit History at PhD level and be a professor (or a fashion designer) :O But as the real life revealed itself, it was more interesting than I had imagined...

We started our business in the begging of 2010. Now together with Jon, I import and sell Japanese kitchen knives, and we are both reconnected with the world of Japanese art and crafts. My parents are both potters and I love the world they belong to. Through our business, we continue to be a part of this artistic world even though we are located outside of Japan.

I hope everyone is as excited as we are about our business (well, I know this is more than just business and almost hobby for Jon). Our store space is very small and limited, but our future has no limit for its expansion - I want our store to be a space where people can learn, discuss, meet, and get connected.

I am not an expert in sciencey part of knives (or stones), but I really enjoy talking about why they are very special in our minds. I respect and love all the craftsmen we work with... Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you get to know about our special knives :sofa:

Thanks Dave, for hosting Kitchen Knife Forums, and giving us such a great way to interact with each other :mustache:

Sara

Welcome aboard Sara. You and Jon are refreshing contributors to this forum and have a awesome product and great knowledge of it.

Sara its great to see you on line here at KKF and Jon does not fool anyone- you are the triple threat at JKI- The boss, the brains, and the looks.
:thumbsup:

Sara its great to see you on line here at KKF and Jon does not fool anyone- you are the triple threat at JKI- The boss, the brains, and the looks.
:thumbsup:

Couldn't have said it better :) Welcome Sara!

Stefan

Well Jon, guess you aren't needed anymore - the boss has checked in. Welcome Sara!

Welcome, save us from Jon's tyrannous reign of the forum!

Thanks everyone :mustache2: I really appreciate it.

PS - I'm a boss, and one-man labor union at JKI.

Every smart, married man really knows who's the boss. I think Jon is, for the most part, a pretty smart guy.

Welcome to the Forums Sara, glad you could join in and get crazy with the rest of us :p

I posted on the main posting as well, but I feel really lucky and fortunate to be welcomed so warmly!

Yay
img2596p.jpg

Welcome to the sunny side of the Knut House, Sara! I'm happy to see you as a participant!!

Welcome, I have only ordered once (so far) from you folks, but certainly enjoyed 'opening my present' and feel certain that you are the party responsible.
:welcome2:

Welcome!! Glad you joined Jon and the rest of us on the forum. Just want to say thank you for the hand written notes, and all the other small touches that make JKI an invaluable resource.

Welcome Sara, now Jon has no place to go and meditate, and be alone.:clown:

Happy to see you here Sara, welcome to the forum!

I have told Jon how much I appreciate your little notes, but now I can "say" it to you here - thank you!

Also, I showed one of your wrapped packages to my mother, and she was both mystified and impressed by your skill. I thought she could wrap a box as well as anyone until I saw what you can do!

Thank you for all your nice comments :thumbsup: Today, my first day to be on KKF, already made me realize how nice to have a voice and ears on internet...

I hope I can contribute to this special and unique online community too :newhere:

Hey Sara,

Welcome aboard. Make sure you put these guys (and Jon) in their place. Anyone messes with Sara and not onyl do you have to answer to Jon but also Me. :cop:

Hey Sara,

Welcome aboard. Make sure you put these guys (and Jon) in their place. Anyone messes with Sara and not onyl do you have to answer to Jon but also Me. :cop:

Yes :begging: ! It's extremely important that I have your vote when Jon starts being unreasonable. Next time when you are in LA (or we are in NY), I should have a chance to go drinking with you (making Jon our DD) to make sure Jon knows his place and position within JKI.

Jon doesn't seem to be participating in this welcome thread.... What, I wonder, does that mean....

Back