Quantcast
Behind the scenes at JKI
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Behind the scenes at JKI

Behind the scenes at JKI

Theres a lot of stuff that goes on here behind the scenes at JKI that most customers will never have the chance to see. Sara and I are always working hard to bring in the best products, improve on what we have, and continue to expand our knowledge and experience. I thought it might be nice to share some of these moments with you guys from time to time.

As a rule, we have always tested out products from every line we carry. In addition, we have developed a number of lines over the last couple of years. You guys only see the finished products most of the time, but often we go through a number of prototypes that never see the light of day. This is true for both knives and stones we carry (as well as some other things we've got around). Anyways, here's a picture just for fun...

Side by side testing of two different heat treatments... i'm trying to figure out what kind of heat treatment offers the best kind of balance with regard to the properties i am looking for...

(these blades are prototypes and dont reflect the normal levels of fit and finish we strive for)

In the last 2 weeks, we've got in 6 new prototypes for testing

Cool!

-AJ

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    nice. It is even cooler that you have makers that will work with you in that regard.
    Chewie's the man.

Neat. Your effort behind the scenes is shown in the products and service that we do see.

Clearly they are busy because it takes a while to get email responses!

Not b!tching, though. I appreciate the attention to detail and passion for the product they seem to have. If I had a knive sales business, I'd want it to be like theirs. Well done!

Engorged Member
    Jon and Sara have ALWAYS been responsive to queries and courteous in the process when dealing with me. I would assume your experience was an isolated event.

Quote Originally Posted by El Pescador View Post
    Jon and Sara have ALWAYS been responsive to queries and courteous in the process when dealing with me. I would assume your experience was an isolated event.
    nope... we're running slower than before... its crazy busy and can sometimes take us a couple of days to get back to e-mails. Thats why i tell people calling is the fastest and best way to get ahold of me if its possible.

Sorry to everyone thats waiting for a response from me by the way. I'm doing my best. Sadly, there's just one of me and a lot of you

Cool! Please do share more behind-the-scenes photos and stories.

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    nope... we're running slower than before... its crazy busy and can sometimes take us a couple of days to get back to e-mails. Thats why i tell people calling is the fastest and best way to get ahold of me if its possible.

Sorry to everyone thats waiting for a response from me by the way. I'm doing my best. Sadly, there's just one of me and a lot of you
    i think everybody here is glad that it's this way, and not the other way around. congrats on the success!

Ok... I thought Jon was literally going to talk about something just so random at JKI.

Here's something I think is pretty funny at JKI (yes, ONLY behind the scenes - we normally keep it very very very "professional" and "serious" in the store).

Heavy lifting.

Hide and peak.