Quantcast
My favorite food/places in Yamagata, Japan - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My favorite food/places in Yamagata, Japan

I am craving hone senbei now. Thanks for sharing the pictures of great food.

I can't wait to tour Japan!!

There is some really nasty frozen (with sauce sachet) instant microwaveable unajyu available here. And I think the low rent restaurants serve that too. It is urgh.

But the good stuff at mid tier and above restaurants is a few cuts above. Those pictures look yummy. What is that bird dish and the glutinuous rice ball? Never seen 'normal' japanese food like that.

Sponsors
    the bird dish is squab from the last time i ate at that place... its a french restaurant. The rice balls are from a chinese restaurant. They usually have meat inside.

.... Jon and I had very different courses at Rabi (a little French place)... Mine was more vegetable and less meat. I think the owner of the restaurant rightfully guessed I was fearful of the hand (leg?) on Jon's plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    There is some really nasty frozen (with sauce sachet) instant microwaveable unajyu available here. And I think the low rent restaurants serve that too. It is urgh.

But the good stuff at mid tier and above restaurants is a few cuts above. Those pictures look yummy. What is that bird dish and the glutinuous rice ball? Never seen 'normal' japanese food like that.

Jon tries to keep it secret, but I keep seeing his "microwaveable unajyu" deep in our freezer too.... I'm too scared to even try them

+ Reply to Thread