Damaged Damascus blade

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim

Banned
Reaction score
Hi
I lost a 1/4 inch chunk of the blade and will need to re shape (grind) and re sharpen. Is there somewhere I can go for instructions or could someone here give me some advice. Thanks in advance
Kim

Usually when I really screw up a knife, or need re-profiling, thinning I send it to Dave Martel, he did some awesome work on a DT that I put a large chip requiring re-profiling. Eamon from Burke cutery and Jon Broida can probably also do it for you. For anything major it is worth my sanity to send it out.

Thanks for the feedback. I paid 150 for it so I will send it out.

Regarding pics; I tried

I belong to lots of forums that allow pasting pics. This one needed a URL? Why is this?

Also why the security question with every post or reply.

You all were great with your quick responses and I DO appreciate that but I'll not visit this forum again

Goodbye

security question?

most forums i know of (and i run one with quite a few members) require third party image hosting; that isn't anything strange. hell, Reddit does.

Excuse me; random question, same difference.

I had to type it again, one LAST time. I've NEVER seen this before.

hmm maybe a 24 hr. thing. I remember when I first posted I got it the first few times. Not sure why tho.

Back