• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Del Ealy O-1 240 Gyuto - $400

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jm2hill

Banned
Reaction score
Okay here's the Deal Folks. I want a new bike (first triathlon come September) and a new knife (N2T Cleaver) and I was informed by my loving other that I must sell a knife if I want to buy them.

I've been thinking for a whole bunch of days what to sell and it came down to my set of golf clubs and the Del Gyuto.

I like this knife a lot, I like the edge it takes, convex grind to reduce sticktion (check Salty's video looking at the grind) , fun blue patina right now and it cuts pretty darn well. I'm just moving away from the Gyuto style, rare I know but I like my Nakiri's/Usuba/Cleavers a lot right now.

You can read more about the knife here: http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/2629-240-gyuto-prebuy

Picture here: http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2218&d=1320030712

I can also provide more pictures if you need me too.

Payment by PP, you cover the fee's.

p.s The knife is actually about 245mm on the edge.

man that is a beaut.. I wish I had 400 atm. here is the pic he linked.

attachment.php

I see you got #2. This must be very hard to get rid of.

This one is sadly sold folks, she'll be leaving with a heavy heart.

Thanks everyone!

Considering everyone was asleep when you posted, that went quickly!
Congrats to the new owner, and sorry about your loss jm ;)

I will also be listing an O1 once our move is complete in about a week. Moving is friggin' EXPENSIVE!!! Also, in boxing everything up, I was confronted with exactly how many knives I own... It's a bit unjustifiable...

I've been thinking for a whole bunch of days what to sell and it came down to my set of golf clubs and the Del Gyuto.

Too late now, but with an unorthodox grip/stance and some practice you coulda made it work as your putter.

Just sayin'...

Too bad it had to go--looks like you and I were the 2 who got the amboyna & box elder handles from the pre-buy. Good luck with the bike and triathalon though!

Too bad it had to go--looks like you and I were the 2 who got the amboyna & box elder handles from the pre-buy. Good luck with the bike and triathalon though!

Thanks!

I have a nakiri with the same wood as well so that helps the pain a little bit!

What are you getting? I am doing my first sprint tri on August 19.

I'm getting a jamis comet... I'll be upgrading the stem to CF and to 140mm (yes its long for a tri-bike and changes the weight dist, but it helps my back which always hurts from deadlifts), now just to decide on pedals.

I have a sprint on Aug 1st, and I hopefully will be doing my first oly sept 1... if I can get my single swim distance up in time. I'm just under right now. But a months and a bit training should get me there + more.

Whats your goal for races? My sister does it for fitness but my end goal is to start winning the sprints and the oly's... friend of mine's is just to finish the IM he has coming up in august.

Too late now, but with an unorthodox grip/stance and some practice you coulda made it work as your putter.

Just sayin'...

Thats true... I've had so many inquiries on the golf clubs and I just can't get around to replying.. I've got tee time 3 times next week and going back to older clubs will hurt too much.

Did you consider a kidney? ;)

Congrats on the quick sale, and sorry for your loss.

I thought about it... what do black market organs go for these days :)

My goal is weight loss, and having something to train and work towards is a motivator. I mainly got back into road biking, and a sprint is something that I can do. I will see how I do in the sprint. Toughest thing to do is train for swimming, because there are no places with extended distances. The community pool is only 15 meters long and you don't get the same feel swimming extended distances.

I have Look Keo pedals on my road bike now, but I am going with a pair of Wellgo road SPD and mountain bike shoe because I am afraid I am going to slip and slide with road shoe. It is more of a safety thing during the transition.

Back