Quantcast
Shapton 4000 glasstone and 12" DICKORON Steel, Sapphire Cut, Oval

Thread: Shapton 4000 glasstone and 12" DICKORON Steel, Sapphire Cut, Oval

Shapton 4000 glasstone and 12" DICKORON Steel, Sapphire Cut, Oval

For your consideration I have a Shapton 4000 glasstone and a 12" DICKORON Steel, Sapphire Cut, Oval.

I used the 4000 stone maybe twice, excepting some grey stains around the edges looks LNIB (comes with box) $50

Steel has never been used (I bought two. One was intended as a gift that never happened). I've tried every steel avail., and this is the only one I really liked, It's very fine and contrary to what some say, will not hurt your J-knife's edge. I use one every day at work. $57

Prices include shipping to US. Payment by paypal gift (macmiddlebrooks1@gmail.com) or USPS money order.
    Thanks for your time,

Stephen

I'll price these to move quickly at $40 for the stone and $47 for the steel (shipped U.S.).

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    sorry I can't help here. Not until next week that is. I am curious about the steel though. How coarse is it?
    Chewie's the man.

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    How is that Shapton still here?

PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    sorry I can't help here. Not until next week that is. I am curious about the steel though. How coarse is it?
    It's VERY fine. A google search should bring up some more info. Check back next week as it still may be unsold.

Shapton SPF.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I thought so. I also did do a search and what I found didn't say much about how course. Just the byline of used for sharpening knives.... A big reason I haven't bought a steel yet.
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    I thought so. I also did do a search and what I found didn't say much about how course. Just the byline of used for sharpening knives.... A big reason I haven't bought a steel yet.
    Ok, please PM me if you have any more questions. I know it's hard to get a feel for something if it's not right in front of you, but I'll do my best .