• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Shapton 4000 glasstone and 12" DICKORON Steel, Sapphire Cut, Oval

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For your consideration I have a Shapton 4000 glasstone and a 12" DICKORON Steel, Sapphire Cut, Oval.

I used the 4000 stone maybe twice, excepting some grey stains around the edges looks LNIB (comes with box) $50

Steel has never been used (I bought two. One was intended as a gift that never happened). I've tried every steel avail., and this is the only one I really liked, It's very fine and contrary to what some say, will not hurt your J-knife's edge. I use one every day at work. $57

Prices include shipping to US. Payment by paypal gift ([email protected]) or USPS money order.
Thanks for your time,

Stephen

7554597500_23b28c86da_c.jpg

I'll price these to move quickly at $40 for the stone and $47 for the steel (shipped U.S.).

sorry I can't help here. Not until next week that is. I am curious about the steel though. How coarse is it?

sorry I can't help here. Not until next week that is. I am curious about the steel though. How coarse is it?

It's VERY fine. A google search should bring up some more info. Check back next week as it still may be unsold.

Shapton SPF.

I thought so. I also did do a search and what I found didn't say much about how course. Just the byline of used for sharpening knives.... A big reason I haven't bought a steel yet.

I thought so. I also did do a search and what I found didn't say much about how course. Just the byline of used for sharpening knives.... A big reason I haven't bought a steel yet.

Ok, please PM me if you have any more questions. I know it's hard to get a feel for something if it's not right in front of you, but I'll do my best :).

Latest posts

Back