• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gessin Ino Single Bevel Wa-Petty 180mm - $180

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jm2hill

Banned
Reaction score
Okay so here's round two:

I got this from Jon when the ino were first announced. Its light and quick. Its fun to use, I used it on soft-veggies, fruits and protein. To be honest I don't know what I'm going to use on chicken if this gets sold, until I get my pettysuki from Pierre that is :biggrin:

Things I like about it: Its sharp, I like the edge a lot. I enjoy using something different for once on foods that you normally wouldn't get to use a single bevel knife on. Its light enough that you can use it in the hand but also enough weight to make good work of chicken on the board. Its fun.

Things I don't like about it: The only thing I can really nitpick on is that its single-bevel so it is different to use and you lose a bit of versatility.As an example I cook a lot of Acorn squash and I/(future you) will need to take out a different knife to cut it with. All in all not a big deal but if you have lots of things to cook and not enough time to take out another knife and wash it then maybe not for you... but what can I say I've really enjoyed my go with this knife.

I'll post pictures when I get home later! for now read about it here: http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com...white-2-hon-kasumi-single-bevel-wa-petty.html

Thanks everyone!

P.s The deal about the saya is yes I have it... but its in storage. I won't be able to get to the storage for about two weeks. So for now I'm selling without saya for quicker sale, but if its not sold in 2 weeks time I'll gladly go pick up the saya for any interested member.

nice knife !!

please show up specs =)

thickness at heel - ?
and with at heel - ?

Pictures and info are coming soon! Power outages, thunderstorms and work have been busy!

I think I might have seen your knife when it first arrived at Jon's. I do know that I lusted after it. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics. :)

Cool knife! Looking for a 180-ish all-rounder myself, but I'm not sure if a single-bevel would suit that purpose for me. Good luck with the sale!

Back