I had a long LONG meeting yesterday with Ms. Kawano to discuss all of the ideas to improve and fun things to try. One of the ideas she was very keen on trying out was taking members of the KKF on a tour of Japan.
We haven't hammered out details yet, but this is what we do know:
1. Korin people giving the tour will probably be myself, Vincent (Mr. Sugai's apprentice), and Ms. Kawano.
2. The trip will be during the spring, because it's the most beautiful time of the year and it's also the cheapest time to fly.
3. It will be our pleasure to meet you in Japan, translate for you, and tour you around to different areas of Japan without any sort of tour guide fee. However, we do ask that you provide for your own transportation, food, entertainment and hotel.
4. Ms. Kawano will contact a travel agency to get the best package deal and finalize everything.
5. It will be a week long tour.
6. We will go to Kyoto (tourist fun), Sakai (Osaka) , and Tokyo.
But just so we don't make a tour of places you wouldn't want to go, where would you like to go in Japan?
We will, of course, go to Sakai to see knife makers at work.
Oh... And who would actually be interested in going?
Thanks for reading!