NBD!! 24 x 30 Mahogany

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Title says it all. Absolutely love it and got the double thumbs up from my wife and daughters :doublethumbsup:

Sorry about the poor quality photo...was shot 'on location' so to speak, with lot's of sun in the window. David does great work and is a pleasure to deal with!

IMG_2953.jpg

You're not going to run out of room with that board. Now get to cuttin'.

Looks great, congratulations! Are you sure it's big enough?

Damn! That's a big boardsmith. Comgratulations!

why didn't you get the big one?

LOL....size was dictated by location. I can now sweep to the right into the sink for scraps, and sweep off the front into a pan...cooktop is right angle to the left.

Anybody have any cool tips to keep loving but forgetful spouse and mother-in-law from using the big honking serrated bread knife on this? The old board was very well used, so it didn't matter....

.... Anybody have any cool tips to keep loving but forgetful spouse and mother-in-law from using the big honking serrated bread knife on this?

Yeah, trying to explain the logic of not using your cutting board to cut bread with a bread knife will be tough. You could try, "Because I said so and that's all you need to know." and see how far that gets you. That was my Mother's favorite reason for damn near everything.

I say hide the bread knife.
They will find it eventually, lol.

With a busy house, kids, wife (no mil here,... yet :running: ), and everyone on different schedules, notes work in our house... for about two days.

Serrations are kryptonite to Dave's otherwise superboards.

The bread knife only gets brought out when our board is put away.

Sweet score btw ! !

Wow, you could tap-dance on that thing.:groucho:

Congrats on a beautiful cutting board.
I really need to get me one of them big boards...

I wonder what shipping would be all the way out to this outpost of the world....

Butt does it have any mineral stains??

I love that pic btw. The shadow gives a good look at the board in a different light.

I would make sure that the bread knife found its way in to the "garbage disposal". And ends up in tiny pieces in the trash. Then buy a sweet petty for cutting bread.

... I would make sure that the bread knife found its way in to the "garbage disposal". And ends up in tiny pieces in the trash. Then buy a sweet petty for cutting bread.

Are you crazy? Did you see what bread knife he has?

board looks fantastic.

I keep a smaller beat up board off to the side for bread and keep both the bread and the bread knife on the board I was even able to train my teenage girls to just use that board with the bread knife.

I think when the time comes I'll be getting a mahogany I knew I wanted a cherry or mahogany but that just looks so good I think I've made up my mind. What size is the gyuto you have one it?

If you are too worried abut the bread knife I will be happy to take it off your hands :p

Beautiful board! I've got something similar in my future I think, although I'm still trying to talk the Mrs into an entire counter section with a scrap/garbage chute built in.

Back