Meeting Hoss

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dharperino

Reaction score
Our on way from San Francisco to Zion National Park, while in Tonopah, NV I realized that we were passing through Panaca, NV. Hmmmm. Doesn't Devin Thomas live there?? I checked and sure enough he does live there. I left him a message and within an hour he returned my call and we arranged to meet today at his shop. Well. He was an incredible host and guide. We talked about knives, music, families, and many other subjects. He fired up the forge and took a billet, stamp pressed it, rolled, and did some preliminary damascus work and let us have it as a souvenir. Plus another AEB-L "knife" that was not finished. We cut veggies in his kitchen, swapped music performance stories, and generally had a fantastic time. He didn't know me from Adam but rolled out the red carpet for me and my wife Valeri.
We are almost done with a kitchen remodel and to finish off the remodel I put myself on Devin's waiting list for a new 240mm gyuoto!! All in all a wonderful day and visit with a peerless craftsman and a wonderfully warm, funny man. Thank you so much!! (my apologies for incorrect terminology)

It appears that Devin's philosophy on people is "there aren't any strangers, just friends he hasn't met yet." What a great opportunity for you.

When I get home, I have some nice photos to post. Or, can I post a link to flickr?? I'm a lurker and need to learn how to post photos, etc...

Hoss is a great host. It was lucky to have 3 great day there. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Devin is definately an incredible host and outstanding knifemaker. Sounds like you had a good time.

Thanks Dan and Valeri for stopping by. It was nice meeting you both and talking knives, music, families and such.

Have fun on the rest of your vacation. Hopefully the new kitchen will be done when you get home.

Hoss

Back