Thread: Premium Magnetic Knife Racks now available!

Premium Magnetic Knife Racks now available!

We now have a line of premium magnetic knife racks available. These racks are really great, the maker has thought of everything and fixed the common problems normally associated with magnetic racks.

Key design features:

* Solid Wood (No veneers)

* Hand Worked

* Premium Finish

* Double Width - 4" width ensures good purchase

* Rare Earth Magnets Used

* Double Magnets (per row) - 24" model has 11 rows x 2 magnets = 22 total / 16" model has 7 rows x 2 magnets = 14 total > Double magnet placement allows for small knives to be held securely from either top or bottom positions.

* Perfect magnetic strength for all kitchen knives.

* Rounded Edges - Safer for use on very thin edged knives like the usuba or yangiba. Presents a soft touch for going on and off the rack.

* Double Mounting Holes (4 total)

* Purpose designed and built in the USA by a kitchen knifenut specifically for use by other kitchen knifenuts.

* Each rack is a one of a kind.

Custom lengths and wood types can be ordered. Please PM or email requests.

See Premium Magnetic Knife Racks for details.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magnetic knife rack for sale 1.jpg 
Views:	1429 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	223   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Full Magrack Cherry.jpg 
Views:	1435 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	224  

Last edited by Dave Martell; 04-13-2011 at 12:11 AM.

"CROTCH OAK"???!!!

Suuurrreee Dave . . .
    Last edited by mhlee; 04-12-2011 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Not funny enough the first time
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Yesterday I did a side by side mount up test putting these new racks against my MagBlok. I was testing the off and on feel, holding power, and positioning/placement. I was surprised to see how much easier and smoother it was to put on and take off the knives on the new racks yet the holding power seemed just as strong.

Also something that stuck out greatly to me was the lack of edge push out on single bevels, even my usuba didn't edge flex. In contrast the Magblok's sharp corners were showing to push the usuba and yanagiba's edges out right at the edge lines of the blok, which is very unsettling. I've always loved my Magblok and have no intention on ditching it however if I was to buy again today I'd be looking at these new models, they really are a premium product.

I forgot to mention that these wood types aren't a stock thing. It's likely that the woods will change often and the crotch oak we now have on hand may never be used again.

They look nice Dave, bit exxy if you alot of knives though and need more than one...

We still have these racks available, I plan to bring them to the ECG to show them off as I believe they need to be seen to be appreciated.

I like the crotch oak. Any chance of some spalted wood being used sometime? That would

BTW I gotta say you have come a long way from your patinababy days
    - Sean

We sold a few of these at ECG this past weekend but still have a few more left.