Shapton Pro 30k Stone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhlee

Founding Member
Reaction score
Everyone:

After graciously participating in a few personal passarounds (Thanks, TK!), it's my turn to share.

I previously won this giveaway: http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/3060-Supporting-Members-Giveaway-II. After seeing how well many of you take care of others' things, I would like to share this stone with select members of the forum.

Because this is an expensive item, I will ask that you do take particular care with it (and Dave will probably ban me if it gets broken since he generously donated it and it's my duty to make sure it stays in good condition!) and insure it. I'm not asking it to be mailed via any special manner, just insurance. I'll make sure to put it into a very safe, insulated box when the passaround starts.

The requirements:

If you've participated in a passaround or started a passaround, please just say so. That automatically qualifies you. All vendors and knifemakers are also welcome.

This passaround will get started shortly after the WCG. Please post in this thread if you're interested and just post which passaround you participated in. If you haven't participated in a passaround, please PM me if you're interested.

I'll finalize the list of people in a couple of weeks. Thanks, everyone!

i'm interested. i participated in the Fowler, Haslinger, Ealy and Rodrigue passarounds, so far.

Definitely, Rick!

It's just ER and you so far.

That is a very cool passaround.
I've used that stone on dozens of straight razors with great results, and this far my impression is that it will put a great finish on knives as well!
Good luck with it!

i'd like to participate, i have 1,2,5,8, 12k pros, 30k after that progression on a razor will be nice to try

Michael,
Please count me in.

THANKS,
PZ

I was expecting you to respond, Paul! Nice job on TK's suji!

The list so far:

EdipisReks
Pensacola Tiger
Mainaman
PZ

I would like to try this out. I have been in a Tilman, Harner, and the Yamawaku Nakiri pass a rounds. Also the sigma II select.

I was expecting you to respond, Paul! Nice job on TK's suji!

The list so far:

EdipisReks
Pensacola Tiger
Mainaman
PZ

THANK YOU SIR for including me and the compliment.

PZ

You're welcome, Paul.

You're in Crothcipt. We're up to 5 now.

i broke my right hand tonight, so please put me on the back of the list.

If I get down there I'll give it a try :)

I'll also have an item that was given to me at a WCG that I'll be passing on to a new home if I get down there :)

thanks guys! i heal very quickly (i was over a month ahead of schedule when i shattered my right leg a couple years ago), and i'm out of the splint now. i thinned a knife tonight and, while my hand hurt afterwards, it felt good. having said that, i get married soon and will be on honeymoon, so after August 12th is best for me, healthy or no. :)

I'm giving this a bump because I'll be able to get this pass around started in a few weeks. Sorry for the delay.

For those members who have already posted in this thread, please PM me with (1) the state that you reside and (2) how long you'd like to use it. If anyone wishes to use it longer than a few weeks, I'll put you at the back of the list so that the members that wish to quickly use this can give it a try and pass the stone onto the next member.

If there's anyone else that wants to participate, please post in this thread that you're interested.

Thanks.

Not yet. I lent it out to a member at the WCG. As soon as I get it back, this will start.

Sorry for the delay.

This pass around will start by the end of this week. I'm finalizing the list of people.

Thanks again for your patience.

The stone is on its way to Crothcipt. He should have it today. Then to Pabloz, EdipisReks, and Pensacola Tiger.

If anyone else wants to give the stone a try, please message me. Thanks.

I like this very much. I used 3 knives on it and was very impressed with what I could see on the stone for cutting. The stone is very hard and light. I am not a person with too much experience with stones so I couldn't say if all stones over certain grit is hard, but this one is.

Now the other question I have is what is the difference between the "glass" stones and stone. I am just asking cause looking at prices the "glass" one is a few hundred cheaper.

This will be off tomorrow to Pablo. Ty for letting me try it out mhlee.

WOW...COOL...I hope it arrives before I send off the Harner passaround.

PZ

pablo you need to delete some pm's, so I can send you the tracking info.

Back