Quantcast
Sandwich ideas
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sandwich ideas

Sandwich ideas

Any ideas what cold sandwiches I can bring to work with me for lunch? I have been just sauteeing vegetables and grilling meats, but that's starting to get old after a few months...

One of my favorite cold sandwiches is .... Meatloaf !!!!

Genoa salami, well cooked broccoli rabe, provolone, super crusty baguette.
    BLTT. Bacon, lettuce tomato, tuna salad, pita.
    Any knid of banh mi.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Hey mine favorite is tuna fish sandwich

Everywhere you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Seth,

I will be making this tonight and I will post pictures and a review as well. I am in love with Chef Keller's recipes and will certainly do everything in my power to do this one justice.

Regards,

Pete
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Yeah - Keller is one of my favorites, beautiful books also.
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

Thanks! I will try some of these next week!

Also, I have lots of home-grown basil and arugula, so if anyone knows recipes that call for lots of either ingredient, I would be happy to try those as well. I have been making lots of basil pesto and arugula pesto, but only eating half of them before they go bad.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by agp View Post

Also, I have lots of home-grown basil and arugula, so if anyone knows recipes that call for lots of either ingredient, I would be happy to try those as well. I have been making lots of basil pesto and arugula pesto, but only eating half of them before they go bad.
    I have successfully frozen arugula and basil pesto. After thawing, scrape the dookie-brown top off and only use the good green inside. You might lose a lot on the sides as well, but it's nice to have some semi-fresh pesto from your garden out of season.
    On the sandwich tip, anything goes. The key would be to bring all the ingredients unassembled. It will taste way better toasted or maybe add some ingredients from your workplace. Try some different cured meats/fishes and use that fresh arugula as the lettuce/greens element. I love the extra dimension of flavor arugula brings to a sammie.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

I like to make a sandwich with arugula (or mustard greens), bacon, turkey, red onion, tomato, cheddar, spicy mayo and rosehip (or black currant) jelly. Hmm, knid of makes me want a sandwich for dinner tonight....
    - Erik