Quantcast
Sandwich ideas - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sandwich ideas

Quote Originally Posted by agp View Post
    Thanks! I will try some of these next week!

Also, I have lots of home-grown basil and arugula, so if anyone knows recipes that call for lots of either ingredient, I would be happy to try those as well. I have been making lots of basil pesto and arugula pesto, but only eating half of them before they go bad.
    Basil pesto with tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella on ciabatta
    Arugula pesto with cold sliced flank steak, grainy mustard and caramelized onions on baguette

i do an asian version of a cuban( beer and pineapple juice braised pork butt, kimchi and melted swiss with spicy chinese mustard) pressed and delicious cold or hot .

we also do a very interesting panini.
    honey dijon and whole cumin seed roasted pork loin thin sliced. Yukon gold, scallion, Dijon potato salad . arugula and smoked gouda.
    1)take a nice crusty demi loaf and cover the outside with dijon butter.( 1tbl dijon to 1/2 cup softened butter)
    2) thin slice the pork loin and lay in a pie pan and thin slice some smoked gouda and melt it in the oven ( this is important, golden brown cheesey crust.
    3) place potato salad on bread, then pork cheese layer, then arugula and a little balsamic vinaigrette. place in a press or put in a low saute pan and place another pan on top, cook until golden brown and then vacuum it down your gullet. umm umm. best hot, awesome cold.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Limited View Post
    One of my favorite cold sandwiches is .... Meatloaf !!!!
    right on! my favorite it with Alton Brown's mealtloaf.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    i do an asian version of a cuban( beer and pineapple juice braised pork butt, kimchi and melted swiss with spicy chinese mustard) pressed and delicious cold or hot .

we also do a very interesting panini.
    honey dijon and whole cumin seed roasted pork loin thin sliced. Yukon gold, scallion, Dijon potato salad . arugula and smoked gouda.
    1)take a nice crusty demi loaf and cover the outside with dijon butter.( 1tbl dijon to 1/2 cup softened butter)
    2) thin slice the pork loin and lay in a pie pan and thin slice some smoked gouda and melt it in the oven ( this is important, golden brown cheesey crust.
    3) place potato salad on bread, then pork cheese layer, then arugula and a little balsamic vinaigrette. place in a press or put in a low saute pan and place another pan on top, cook until golden brown and then vacuum it down your gullet. umm umm. best hot, awesome cold.
    Just add beer!

I'm gonna try this tomorrow.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    My wife just walked past....."OHHHH, FRUIT SANDWICH!"
    It can be your lunch/desert. win win.

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    Just add beer!

I'm gonna try this tomorrow.
    I might have to run this for a special next week. umm lunch!
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

So many great ideas here, thanks

+ Reply to Thread