Quantcast
Dinner without a stove/fire - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dinner without a stove/fire

Nope, no camp fire. I want to try cold smoking seafood with a cigar too, any thoughts? I might do a practice run today and tomorrow and report back...

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by agp View Post
    Nope, no camp fire. I want to try cold smoking seafood with a cigar too, any thoughts? I might do a practice run today and tomorrow and report back...
    I dunno, I think it might end up tasting like an ashtray. What kind of cigar? Tobacco is poisonous.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Quote Originally Posted by knyfeknerd View Post
    I dunno, I think it might end up tasting like an ashtray. What kind of cigar? Tobacco is poisonous.
    This.

You could cold smoke with as little as some wood chips in a foil pouch. If you have flame enough to light a cigar, you have enough for this.

It's just wood chips do not come in the form of a stick that I can stick into whatever container I have. I was thinking of a ceviche in a coconut shell, so if I smoke that ceviche/fish I would need something in a shape that I can work with.

You, being a cigar smoker might not realize this, but cigar smoke really stinks.

Besides plating in a half coconut shelf, are there any other creative ways to plate ceviche without a bowl?

Just thinking out loud here:

Rice stick noodles will hydrate in warm water.
    Dry salami doesn't need refrigeration.

Perhaps a pasta salad of sorts?
    Throw in some onion, celery, carrot, bell pepper and toss with a dressing of your choice.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

How about some Cheese dip and some pretoasted baguette topped with whatever you like for bruschetta. Did some balsamic strawberries and goatcheese last weekend that was good.

Love the prep, though very little time in the citrus. Always a tough call....some fish needs a good amount of time, some no more than the time it takes to stir the bowl.