Gishiki Yo Bocho

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

la2tokyo

Founding Member
Reaction score
Picture%201.png

In the Masamoto catalog this says Gishiki Yo Bocho, meaning ceremonial knife. Do people actually use this for cooking or is it just for something else? If it's for a ceremony, what kind of ceremony is it for? Seems like a lot to spend on something that doesn't do any work!

show_image_v2.html

Never mind, I found a picture of it. I guess it really is a ceremonial knife. For some reason I still want one, and I don't even know what the ceremony is for.

[video=youtube;3Na7bD7q-W0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Na7bD7q-W0[/video]

its a ceremonial knife (儀式 包丁)... thats it

Im quite shure you could find good use for that in more, uhm, regular kitchen.

I dunno guys, it took him like 4 minutes to even cut the fish. Not very efficient if you ask me. Not to mention, he ha a lot of waste on the tail piece too. Just sayin. :wink:

I dunno guys, it took him like 4 minutes to even cut the fish. Not very efficient if you ask me. Not to mention, he ha a lot of waste on the tail piece too. Just sayin. :wink:

LOL your pal "the chef" could do it faster with his serrated global and chain mail glove.

If you're wearing a chainmail glove, it doesn't count as touching the fish. So I am also the master of Japanese ceremony as well.-Master Chef Giovanni

That was a really cool ceremony.

On another note, was anyone else wondering when they will start flying around to cut the fish?:cookoo:

Now off to do some reading to see how far I put my foot in my mouth.

Back